Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Job ID: 2014025
An excellent Job Opportunity in an exciting and fast growing company with an outstanding income available in Zurich, Switzerland.
We are looking for a Head of Cloud, who wants to build and lead a world-class team of Developers, System Admins, Data Base Admins and Infrastructure Experts in Zurich, Switzerland. This is an excellent job opportunity for experienced and highly motivated people, who are able to lead a team and to build and manage the hosting of a large-scale big data platform and like to work hard in a rapidly changing and very exciting environment.
Our client is a peerless and high-performance company. You can be sure, that they explore the latest technologies. The team of experts spans all of key technologies and business areas which are necessary for building new fantastic internet companies.
If you want to work in a technology team, in close cooperation with varied teams of engineers, designers, investment analysts and many other experts to push projects forward, please contact us.
- You build an lead a world class team of Developers, System Admins, Data Base Admins and Infrastructure Experts
- Setup and managing the hosting of a large-scale big data platform for dealing with high volumes of data
- Perform deployment functions to ensure releases follow the correct implementation lifecycle
- Interact with other teams and be a part oft he process with positive and helpful reviews
- Clear communication of tasks and expectations in the line with the company culture and goals
- Ensure high-quality standards and motivation for your team´s output and achievement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and implement new features
- Identify and fix bottlenecks, and deal with other challenges, in order to ensure successful execution
You are responsible for
- Design and implement next generation cloud architecture to serve all engineering teams
- Architect and build a comprehensive cloud platform for easy deployment of cloud environments
- Work closely with the engineering teams to understand the functional requirements and provide architectural guidance
- Perform proactive troubleshooting, performance analysis, continual improvement and capacity planning for production and or virtualized environments
- Create architecture, designs and documentations that will lead to consistently high reliability, scalability, security and performance
- Review the entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures and defects, while improving overall performance
- You monitor and participate in workflow tracking (Jira) and documentation (Confluence) so that these scalable industrialized processes enable our client´s business growth.
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in leadership and ensuring high team performance
- Several years in a systems engineer position or equivalent
- Understanding of how you get the best performance out of iOS apps through analysis and tuning
- 5+ years plus experience with Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance-tuning experience
- Good understanding what users want for a great user experience and knowledge of using best practices.
- Ability to drive results and set priorities independently
- User problem-solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks, with tight deadlines, concurrently
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of networking and complex software integration
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) or Platform-as-a- Service (PaaS) solutions
- Experience with cloud management software such as AWS, OpenStack or CloudStack
- Passionate about technology and willing to develop expertise in any emerging field
- Experience of working in teams that are run with „agile“ processes
- Quick to learn and fast to adapt to changing environments
- Solving new problems with a „can-do“ mentality.
- Fluent in English and German skills are required.
THE GREAT HIGHLIGHTS
- A very successful company with a great culture in Zurich and an exciting job in an international team.
- Very modern and comfortable offices and the best equipment (optional bring your own device policy).
- Free breakfast, lunch, snacks, ice cream, sweets and drinks every day, pool and kicker tables, cinema, Friday evening beers and quarterly team dinners.
- And last but not least an outstanding income.
- Also Switzerland has low tax for your income and one oft he best health and pension insurance system worldwide.
If you want to know more details about the excellent job opportunity, please don´t hesitate to contact us.
Tel. +49 / (0) 174 / 6641 955
Account Executive Storage
Projektleiter / Berater mit Schwerpunkt Business Intelligence
Technischer Spezialist Big Data
Technischer Spezialist Data Warehouse – Informatica
Technischer Spezialist Enterprise Content Management
Berater / Projektleiter Salesforce.com
Consultant für den Bereich IT-Architektur
Consultant für Qualitätssicherung und Testmanagement
Consultant für Enterprise Architektur
Softwarespezialist Mobile Anwendungen (iOS/Android)
System Architect Pega PRPC-Enwicklung
Technical Architect Java mit Schwerpunkt Adobe CQ/SAP Hybris (Lösungsdesign)
Consultant für den Bereich Java Architektur
(Senior) Consultant / Project Manager Salesforce.com (english-speaking)
(Manager, (Senior) Consultant, Technical Architect Java with an emphasis on Adobe CQ/SAP Hybris (solution design) (english-speaking)
Quality Assurance Manager – Mobile Platforms
Head of Cloud
Security Defense Engineer
Senior UX Designer
Senior User Interface Designer